Select Page

Being rude and having disruptive behavior as a nurse in giving care to patients is a big “No”. Disrespect is not a good thing for a patient’s safety and complaints about your behavior can raise the attention of the Board. This could put you in a tight situation. But if you are facing complaints due to such a case, you need a nurse attorney for the defense.

At the time of the incident, the RN was employed as a Registered Nurse at a hospital in San Angelo, Texas, and had been in that position for nine (9) months now.

The incident happened on or about June 6, 2018, the RN engaged in unprofessional conduct, in that she made potentially demeaning comments within the hearing distance of a patient and was loud when speaking to the patient. The RN’s conduct could have injured the patient in that it may have unnecessarily exposed the patient to emotional and/or psychological harm.

In response to the incident, the RN states the patient’s daughter asked her to let staff know that the patient was combative and had broken another staff member’s bone at a previous hospitalization. The RN points out that she informed staff of this information outside the patient’s room and regrets that the patient may have heard her or that it may have upset the patient. The RN admits she spoke loudly to the patient but points out the patient was hard of hearing and had ringing in his ears.

The RN’s conduct resulted in the Board’s decision, which is to take disciplinary action. The evidence received for falsifying a document is sufficient enough for the Board to put the RN in such disciplined.

This could have been different if the RN had hired a nurse lawyer to defend him from the allegation of false documentation. Every nurse should always be ready once a complaint is filed against them. Hiring a nurse attorney will be a game-changer.

Do you have questions about the Texas Board of Nursing disciplinary process? Contact The Law Office of RN License Attorney Yong J. An for a confidential consultation by calling or texting 24/7 at (832) 428-5679 and ask for attorney Yong.